INGREDIENTS: For about a dozen scones
- 2 cups self-raising flour (white or wholemeal)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 30 grams butter or other shortening
- 190 mL warm water
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Rub in butter.
- Add water and mix to a soft dough.
- Press down to about 2 cm thick.
- Cut with a floured scone cutter.
- Place in a lightly greased pan.
- Optionally lightly oil tops.
- Bake 12 ~ 18 minutes.
From an evening college baking course done by Ian in 1982.
Tagged: Scone, Self-Raising