Use these quantities as a guide.
- 120 grams macaroni (or more, if desired)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 to 2 cups milk
- Tasty cheese, grated
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Cook macaroni in the usual way, in a large pot of boiling water for time recommended on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil, about 10 minutes, until clear.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour and stir through with wooden spoon.
- Add milk gradually, stirring and cooking until thickened, adding more milk as required.
- Add cooked macaroni.
- Remove from heat and add some of the tasty cheese.
- Transfer to oven dish. Top with remainder of the tasty cheese, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes until brown on top.