INGREDIENTS: Makes about a dozen rolls
- 1 cup plain white flour
- Water – an indefinite amount
- To the flour add enough water to make a stiff paste.
- Knead in a bowl for 2 ~ 3 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes or more.
- Place under gently running water.
- Work until all the visible starch is removed. The texture should become like chewing gum.
- Pull off bits about 15 mm long and place on lightly greased pan several cm apart.
- Bake plain or drizzle with oil and/or sprinkle with garlic salt or any herbs to taste.
- Bake about 15 minutes carefully watching progress.
From an evening college baking course done by Ian in 1982.