INGREDIENTS: For one loaf
- 3 ~ 4 cups plain flour (white or wholemeal)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of hops yeast (see recipe listed elsewhere in this blog)
- 375 mL warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- Extra plain flour for making dough
- Optional herbs or onion
- Mix hops yeast and warm water.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into mixture.
- Leave in a warm place overnight.
- Add egg, oil, extra flour and herds etc.
- Let rise 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Shape into loaf and place in greased loaf tin.
- Bake about 25 minutes.
From an evening college baking course done by Ian in 1982.